Monday, January 28, 2008

The Loss of A Good Friend

Late last night, our beloved puppy dog, Curtis, vanished. The gate was not open, and there are no major holes in any other areas of the fence, so our Curtis has turned into a magician and disppeared.



Curtis has been around since Kenny and I were married. He wandered into our yard, probably after planning a disappearing act from his previous owner.

When I think back I remember how he hated everyone he came in contact with. He would growl, bark and scare practically everyone away. We also had a husky/shepard, huge dog who Curtis thought he could beat up.

He was my baby before the babies came along, sleeping in my arms and following me everywhere. Then when Avery came along, he was a little jealous but soon adapted to the addition. Once Braden came along, Curtis was a pro at moving out of the spotlight, but still enjoyed attention when he could get it.

Just yesterday, I said to myself that I needed to give him more attention, I bought him treats, and made a note to make a 'haircut' appointment for him.

So, if you see a blonde Pekinese waddling around, send him our way!

The saddest part is that he didn't even really want to go out last night. I nudged him with my foot because I knew he needed to go out instead of on the floor. I guess he showed me.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

This makes me SO sad! I'm so sorry that your beloved furry family member has disappeared! Hopefully he will find his way home soon!

Alisha said...

I am really sorry to hear this. I hope that he will do another magic trick and reappear very soon. Sorry guys...

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Jamey!!!! that is so sad! i am so so sorry! that really sucks. Maybe he will turn up? Bless your hearts! dogs are just as much as part of the family as anyone else! that makes me so sad for ya'll. I will be praying he is kept safe until he returns!

Amanda said...

How sad! I truly hope she wanders home... maybe she's off looking for a haircut? Put some yummy treats out for her... and maybe a boppy.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Sad Jamey! I remember Curtis. I don't think he liked me either. :) I hope he makes it back to you guys. Maybe you need to put some missing dog signs up in your neighborhood???

Sunny said...

This is so sad! I really hope that he comes back soon for you guys! Has Avery noticed?

Brooke Shands said...

I am so sorry about this! This is so sad! Please keep us updated! I hope he does his magic trick again and comes home!