Saturday, July 15, 2006

Buddy Time!

We just returned from a trip to Huntsville for a coaching clinic. The best part about the coaching clinic (other than the stuff we learned) was the fact that it was in Huntsville! Not only did Kenny and I get to see friends, but Avery got to meet up with her buddies as well!

I wondered how she would act when she saw her best bud of all, Lawson, who she's known since birth. I was afraid she wouldn't remember him and just play with him like any other child. When we walked in the house to see him, Lawson cried, "A-D!" (His way of saying Avery), and Avery said, "EEEEHHH AHHHH!" (Her way of saying, oh I'm so excited to see you!!!) At least that's how I interpreted it. Needless to say, the two had a blast the whole time we were there. They had several chaperoned dates during the week.

The first night we were in town turned out to be the monthly Bonko night, so I went to be with some girl friends, and Kenny and Jon (Lawson's dad) were in charge of the kids, plus the twins because their dad was out of town. So, the girls had a fabulous time, and an even better time hearing about how the kids played together.

Apparently one time Jon and Kenny couldn't hear the kids anymore, so they went to look for them and found Joshua, Lawson and Avery in the closet giggling and Abby Kate standing in the doorway of the closet babbling for them to get out! Kenny said they all shuffled out still laughing. I guess for now it's okay if they are all in a bedroom together...as long as the door isn't shut!

What a fun trip. I look forward to the next time they can all play together!

12 comments:

Sunny said...

Joshua and Abby Kate were so excited to see Avery. They all had so much fun playing together!
Oh, yeah, I also enjoyed the practical joke that Kenny and Jon played on me when I got home. Boys!

Jamey said...

I don't think boys ever grow up.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

Gasp! did you tell lawson about Aiden? her NEW boyfriend?? humph. Aiden is jealous. jk they look so cute!

Sunny said...

Just want you to know that everytime I pull up your page, Joshua says, "Yeah, Avery!"

Jason said...

My son is in love with your daughter, Jamey. Just wanted you to know.

And no, we never grow up.

Jamey said...

Well, Jason, let the romance grow man...Joshua comes from good blood...we wouldn't mind that on our end!

Jason said...

Hey Jamey, just wanted to let you know my blog is called Already & Not Yet, not Almost & Not Yet. Looking forward to hearing Kenny's thoughts...glad you convined him to join the blogging world.

Jamey said...

Sorry! I better pay closer attention to detail!

Jason said...

No biggie...

Kat Simpson said...

Practical Joke? WHAT practical joke. . . . tell the momma! Love ya, MamaKat

Jamey said...

they wrapped a hair band around the kitchen faucet so when sunny turned it on, it sprayed everywhere! she didn't think to turn off the water before trying to get the hair thing off, so she had a pretty big mess!

Kat Simpson said...

Good one. poor Sunny. and yes, boys NEVER grow up. They just play with more expensive toys, sigh. . . .