Monday, June 26, 2006

A Whole New World

I wear three different hats. Sometimes one at a time, sometimes two at a time, but mostly I wear all three at the same time. I have my wife hat; my mom hat, and my coach hat. Through experiences from all three 'hats,' there are a lot of things that I think I already know, some things I would like to learn about, and MANY things that I don't know about...

I've always considered myself to be computer savvy. As times continue to change, and the farther away my college graduation date gets, I find myself saying things that I remember my parents saying. For example, when asked by a college friend to "check me out in the facebook" I replied, "well, where can I find that? Is it a book I got when I was in school?" Of course laughter followed.

A few months later and after a major life transition, I find myself in a different city, meeting new people. Many of these people ask if I have a 'myspace' account, to which I thought to myself, "well, no, because I'm not in high school." I have since found out that this is not just for the youngsters.

To jump ahead, I've finally decided to take the plunge and succomb to peer pressure, (flashback to high school already!) by creating a blog. This of course was another term that I had to learn.

And in the short time I have started this, I've already learned that it's going to be addictive.

5 comments:

Lerra said...

Haha, welcome to the blog world!!! And yes, you will become addicted. you will find yourself following certain life experiences with "I'm going to blog about this."

Sunny said...

Yea Jamey!!! I am so addicted that it is not even funny. I am already trying to figure out my next 10 blogs (a countdown of sorts to Joshua and Abby Kate's 2nd birthday). I am glad that you have a blog. This will be so much fun. Give Avery hugs and kisses from us all.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yay! im so linking up you and sunny! im so excited! we need to get together this week...have you forgotten vp? we're sad...no peer pressure though!

Kat Simpson said...

okay, MIL gives up/ What's a 'Facebook'? Clue me in please :)Kat

Jamey said...

Facebook is sort of like 'myspace.' I'm really not that familiar with it, but I think anyone can sign up to be on it...they have a page all about themselves, including pictures, information, songs, etc. From what I hear, it's mostly for people still in school.