Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Loooong Overdue

So, it's been a while since my last post. Just like everyone else, things have been pretty busy around here. Track season has monopolized my time for long enough. Thankfully, the State meet is this weekend, and I will have a little more time freed up after next week's Heptathalon.

I never posted pictures from Avery's and my date to Disney on Ice. It was a fantastic evening, filled with lots of laughs, smiles, a knot in my throat (because she was so joyous at one point), Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Lightning McQueen, Ariel and her crew, Lion King and his crew, and Tinkerbell and the rest. We had so much fun!!! Avery wanted to get dressed up in her new "Easter Dress". She sat like a little lady, with her hands in her lap while we waited for it all to begin. The look on her face when the lights went down and the first group came out is priceless. (That's when the lump happened...) I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


Braden is also into everything these days. I guess it's partly because he's a boy, and partly because he's reached the 18 month old mark. Picture to prove his climbing capabilities. He has also discovered how fun it is to eat bananas.


Avery is as silly as ever.
And as clumsy as ever....



We took the kids last night to a mexican food restaraunt who had a special visitor, Dora the Explorer! Avery was thrilled to get her picture taken with (the giant, scary looking) Dora.

5 comments:

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

What a special mommy/daughter night for you and Avery. She is such a big girl, Jamey! And yes, I think boys are just a different breed, aren't they? Just into everything!
P.S. That Dora is a little scary. :) Avery looks happy, though.

Sunny said...

What special times! I love the picture of the two of you - so precious! I have a climber to and it is so scary. I agree, Dora is a bit on the scary side. I think that its the arms. :)

Lerra said...

Uhhh...that Dora is CREEPY. Wow. :-)
I'm glad y'all had fun at Disney on Ice! I admit - I get a little lump too, and I don't even have kids. I just love seeing all the kids get so excited! :-)

Roxy Wishum said...

Thanks for sharing lots of great smiles. I would not get that close to Dora.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

1. DORA is HORRIFYING.
2. those pics are so sweet.
3. Braden is such your little adventurer
4. LOVE Avery and how girly she is with her sweet little dress up frocks. She is on a ten minute changing system every time we are over there!
5. Did Kenny donate to your children or did you just fertilize yourself because your children are your CLONES. ;)