Thursday, July 19, 2007

Air Force Gal and Her Proud Daddy

Today while we cleaned out the baby's room, we found some clothes that had been packed away when we found out Avery was a girl instead of a boy. Included was a jacket that used to be Kenny's when he was little.

I have had the joy of seeing Avery wear, play with, listen/watch tapes, etc. that I used to watch when I was little, but there haven't been too many things of Kenny's that he has been able to enjoy through Avery.

So, you can imagine the look on his face when he put the jacket on Avery today. His eyes lit up when he saw how proud she was to "wear Daddy's jacket!" She did not want to take it off; even to go outside, get in the hot car, and drive to school to drop Daddy off. When we got home, it was time for her nap, and I had to do some major bargaining to get her to take it off so she would be comfortable to sleep. She knows exactly where it's hanging and agreed to take it off only if she could put it right back on the second she woke up!

9 comments:

JSM said...

How sweet!

Lerra said...

Awww...how special! I think she looks adorable in the jacket. :-)

Unknown said...

Love the picks of your's and Avery's room

Sunny said...

Precious! It's neat to see how kids LOVE the things that belong to Mom and Dad. I'm sure that she had sweet dreams about waking up to find her Daddy's jacket all over again.

Stacy said...

I'm glad Kenny will get to have some of those special memories too!

Alisha said...

It was great to see you in Huntsville last week. Your new house looks great! It is so weird to see Richard and Amy on your blog. It really is a small world! Love, Alisha

Kat Simpson said...

And the jacket was sewn by Ken's grandma Catlett out of one of his father's Fatigue jackets. love you guys, NonaKat

Roxy Wishum said...

That is VERY cute!

Amanda said...

In our house, it's opposite. Conner has a trillion things of Michael's, and only one of mine: my wooden step stool. I get all choked up when I see him turn it upside down and sit in between the legs like I did when I was younger. *sniff*

She looks precious in it!