Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Little Tree Hugger

Avery has always been my little conscientious one regarding all things earth. Whether it's concerning recycling, not littering, or wasting natural resources, Avery will be the first to correct you.

(On a side note, I think her fabulous teacher, Mrs. Cummings, added even more brownie points in Avery's book yesterday when she told the class, "The Earth is NOT your trashcan..")

But I digress.

Today while on the way to school Avery told me of all the things she and her friends did at recess yesterday. During the part where they all gathered up rocks, sticks, etc, she remembered she found a humongous piece of bark. "Oh man!" She sputtered. "I should have saved that bark and given it to the paper makers to use since that tree was already cut apart. I really, really don't want them to have to cut down a whole other tree! Especially those trees because they are so beautiful!"

No comments: