Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting My Sew On

I've been having the best time EVER, making outfits for Avery. I started out wanting to make a few pairs of shorts that were comfortable to play in. Then I threw in a few tops that we could mix and match.

Then I hit a minor bump when my machine died mid-stitch. I was lucky enough to inherit my grandmother's Bernina, and have loved learning and using it over the past years. Well, apparently the main board decided to go out, and since it's a computerized machine, that means it's dead until I want to pour over $500 into getting it fixed. Of course that got pushed to the back burner for now, so I am blessed to have a friend who is letting me borrow hers until I can make some other sort of arrangement for a new machine.

I have several other ideas floating around in my head for different designs, and can't wait to tackle them! These are what we have so far. (There are also a few other pairs of shorts that I haven't taken pictures of...solid colors to go with the different shirts...)















8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so proud of you! They are precious.

Stacy said...

Cute!! I have about 4 patterns AND material sitting on my cabinet just waiting for me to get myself motivated!! :) You've been a busy bee!

brooke said...

Those are so cute!! I am so impressed! I haven't sewn a thing in so long...I need to get on it. Love them!

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

How cute! I'm impressed Jamey! I love the one with the yellow ruffles. :)

Laura said...

Those are so cute!! I am always impressed by people who sew. Maybe someday for me... :)

Hilary Gresham said...

Jamey, I didn't know you were into sewing; these are so cute! I especially love the one w/ the yellow ruffles.

Katie said...

So cute! That is awesome! I wish I had the slightest idea of how to sew!

Kara said...

These are so sweet! The one she was wearing Wednesday night was so cute on her!