Thursday, April 19, 2007

Get Off That Train of Thought...

Have you ever obsessed over anything? I think most people would say they have. My latest obsession....this certain house....

From the first time I read about it online, I thought, "This is the house for us! It has everything we've wanted!" Four bedrooms: check. Carport/Garage: Check. Nice neighborhood: Check. Brick exterior: Check. Pool, what?!: Check, Check!

Then we saw it and I got even more excited. I saw something that we could put ourselves into and make it truely ours. And maybe in the process, raise the value for re-sale down the road.

Kenny, however did not. You see, this house had been foreclosed on, so the interior was not in the best condition, bad really, and a certain smell lingered. Not a good one.

The day after we looked at it, our realtor called and said, "the price on the Pepper Ave. property dropped today. I also talked with the realtor and he said the price is 'definately' negotiable!"

You can just imagine my excitement! With this news, Kenny even hopped on the bandwagon.

So, for a few days now, I have not been able to sleep or get much of anything accomplished because I am making lists of things that would need to be done, and things that I would like to do but aren't necessary. So, I have the new flooring picked out, most of the colors, the pool re-done and landscaped, new fencing, and even a wall knocked out. All in my head of course. And this is for a house that we have only seen once! Not even put an offer on, or are even close to a closing date.

I tried to watch television the other night when I couldn't sleep, but the only shows that seemed to be on were home renovation genres!

So, will someone please give me ideas of how to change my focus!

9 comments:

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

oooh girl. I am definitely an obsessor...if you haven't already noticed. ;) I feel for ya. I hope you get the house, if its the best thing for ya'll! Ill be praying for you in the meantime for patience!

Kenny Simpson said...

Hopefully it will work out.

Jamey said...

I keep wondering if it's God showing us a direction we need to go in, or a temptation..straight from the devil!

Unknown said...

What! What! Did I hear someone say "REMODEL". Oooh Oooh Pick me Pick ME!!!

Kat Simpson said...

THis house is DESTINED for you. When will you know if they accepted your offer? Love ya, MamaKat

Baron said...

Been there, done that...but we didn't get the house we obsessed over. "Luckily" for us we go t an even better one.

We're praying for you guys. God will provide.

Roxy Wishum said...

My only suggestion for getting past obsessing over the house is BUY IT. That and about 60 days of hard work should just about do it.

Jamey said...

We saw it again tonight....HUGE project, but do-able...we'll see!

Lerra said...

I wanted to get on here & tell you how exciting this is, and that I just KNOW you'll get the house & then LOVE it...but then I think about the situation Baron commented on. I don't want to get your hopes up like we did, but...YAY!!! :-)